Thursday, January 16, 2014

Postage Rates go up January 26--> Write a Letter

I love the process of writing and mailing letters; written communication has always been a very powerful means of correspondence for me. To take the time to think back on what you have done, what you are doing and what you will do elevates your consciousness and awareness of how those events/happenings have impacted your life as well as the lives of others. It creates pause in a world that is so often consumed with jumping into the next race. I bought and hung this dorky stitched saying when my daughter was born: "Take time to enjoy the little things in life... because someday you will look back and realize those were the big ones" Very similar to a quote by Robert Brault:

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you make look back and realize they were the big things.”

Every time I see it I think about savoring a laugh, a smile, a kiss, a pillow fight--something that can so easily be dismissed otherwise.

A recent visit to the USPS website revealed that they are *again* raising the price of stamps. As I begin to print more and more wedding invitations for clients, I have to break the news of the $.03 increase. Not a deal breaker--but still, it seems like the lack of written correspondence has increased the rates annually due to lack of parcels. While it may not change the future postage rates, I ask that you take 20 minutes this next week and write a friend, a family member, an old college buddy--whomever. It will be fun to think back (or ahead) and I can almost guarentee it will bring joy to those who receive your letter. If you can't think of anyone...we'd love to hear from you! French Press, 127 Railroad Street, 2nd Floor, Rochester, NY 14609. Oh, and here are some stamps that I think are well designed. Makes me think back to sophomore design class!




No comments:

Post a Comment